Friday, March 2, 2012

I don't like buffet restaurants!

I wish!
As a kid, we didn't eat out much.  When we did eat out, it was always at a buffet.  Maybe because kids ate cheaper when they used to charge by the year.  I was still 9, when I was 12.  We, the kids, hated the buffet and still do. 

You know I am a sucker for a good deal.  This week we got a $6.99 dinner coupon at Hometown Buffet, with the promise of juicy steak.  It's easily been 10 years since I have been in any buffet for any reason, and so we went. 

Guess what?  I don't like buffet restaurants!  So much of the food gets wasted, and not because there is so much to eat, but because so much of it doesn't taste good.

The potatoes are bland, the chicken tastes funny, the green beans are over hammy, the steak is tough, the clam chowder is greasy and even dessert was oily and bland. 

The rolls were good, the staff is super friendly and the pop tasted like usual, but other than that it's not worth it.  Even at $6.99. 

No comments:

Post a Comment