Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oh please don't go.......we love you so!


The amazing author and illustrator, Maurice Sendak has died at the age of 83.   He inspired so many to read and let themselves fall into a book, let the fantasy wash over them, and forget the world for a while.  He didn't write realistic fiction.  His stories were often pure, wonderful, wonderful, nonsense.   He is most famous for "Where the Wild Things Are" but he has so many other fantastic head scratchers.  Books that make you suspend disbelief and imagine.

Be off with you, run to the library and check out, "In The Night Kitchen", "Over the Water", "Little Bear", "Chicken Soup with Rice", "One Was Johnny", "Hector Protector", Alligators All Around", "Outside Over There", "Higglety Pigglety Pop", "Pierre" and MORE MORE MORE!

Get the video "Really Rosie and the Nutshell Kids" to see several of these stories animated, with words sung by Carole King.


"There are so many beautiful things in the world which I will have to leave when I die, but I’m ready, I’m ready, I’m ready.”



“I cry a lot because I miss people. They die and I can't stop them. They leave me and I love them more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment