Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A sweet afternoon in Downtown Milwaukie

I admit, I took these pictures earlier in the summer, however, you can have just as nice a day in Downtown Milwaukie on any Saturday afternoon.  Well, minus the parade and fireworks, of course.  But if you want to enjoy those, don't miss Milwaukie Daze next year.

Downtown Milwaukie is located just off of 99E.  It's just a few small blocks that look like a rural 50's small town.  Park along Main Street and you can walk up and down to see all of the cute shops and restaurants.

Kids running for Candy at the Milwaukie Daze parade.
 I am happy to be a part of bringing back Milwaukie Daze in 2009 after it was abandoned for a few years and potentially forever.  I joined the comittee to bring it back and although I am not a part of it now, I am so proud to see the parade and festivities.  Volunteering really does make you feel like you are a part of your community.  Look here for PortlandFamilyFun.com - Volunteer Opportunities opportunities in your community.


Milwaukie Candy Store, Enchante'.
 The Milwaukie Candy store is beautiful inside.  The owner Kim is so sweet and friendly, and the chocolate is tasty!  My favorite is the white chocolate covered popcorn.  Yum!  Located on Main Street.


Crafty paper store!

 
K.Marie's Crafty little shop is so fun, if that's your kind of thing.  And she is so fun and chatty.  My mom, sister and I had a ball chatting with her for about an hour our sunny Saturday adventure.  She has classes and workshops to make great decorative projects.  Just a few doors down from her sister Kim's chocolate shop.

Libby's Restaurant


I never went into Libby's before this summer.  They used to have blacked out windows, and that always scares me away from any restaurant.  But once they uncovered the windows, you can see that it's pretty cute inside.  The wall are covered in antique Miliwaukie photos, and the food is pretty tasty, but a little spendy.

Milwaukie has a lot of fun to offer anyone.  Every Sunday they have a Farmer's Market.  There's Bowling at Kellog Bowl or Milwaukie Bowl. There is shopping at Things From Another World comic book and collectibles shop, Main Street Collector's Mall and Soda Fountain, and various other specialty shops.

The food!  My favorite downtown Milwaukie Restaurant is Ohana.  They serve authentic Hawaiian faire in the North Main Village area.  I would love to live upstairs and smell the Hawaiian BBQ all day long!

And fun for the kids too!  Pietro's Pizza and Game Gallery, and Wunderland Nickle Arcade and Movie Theater, with 3D movies for $4!

What's your favorite place in Downton Milwaukie?

Want to feature your own Downtown?  Contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment